Director of Business Operations
ABOUT MAYNARD HOUSE
Established 40 years ago, Maynard House, a 501(c)(3) organization, provides affordable, home-like overnight accommodations in downtown Hanover for adult patients, their caregivers and families, while receiving treatment at medical centers of the NH/VT Upper Valley Region. Illness and injury are stressful on patients and their loved ones. Maynard House strives to lessen the burden and expense of travel during medically challenging times so that resources can be used to recuperate and care for loved ones.
Eight bedrooms span three stories, with shared bathrooms located on each floor. Ground floor rooms are accessible to all. Guests share use of the kitchen, dining area and sitting room. We are located approximately two miles from Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, six miles from the VA in White River Junction, VT and, seven miles from Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital in Lebanon, NH.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Business Operations is primarily responsible for administrative duties including, but not limited to financial tracking and reporting, implementing aspects of the marketing and communications strategy, overseeing guest relations, data management, and overseeing the upkeep and maintenance of the physical plant. The Director of Business Operations will also have management responsibility for two resident managers and a housekeeper as well as coordinate and oversee volunteer workers. The start date is TBD with a preference for an Aug./Sept. 2018 timeframe.
Financial Tracking and Reporting
- Processes, tracks, and receipts all guest payments
- Processes, tracks, and receipts all donations; provides donor acknowledgements to the Executive Director as required
- Makes all bank deposits
- Provides regular updates to the Executive Director to ensure the organization’s financial records are up-to-date
Marketing and Communications
- Implements an annual marketing and communications plan as directed by the Executive Director; produces materials as noted in the annual plan
- Analyzes and reports on the effectiveness of the various components of the plan based on results against goals; makes recommendations to optimize efforts based on identified metrics
- Ensures safety and security for all guests; proactively solves issues or escalates them to the Executive Director as necessary
- Manages reservations, registration, and payments processes from beginning to end
- Welcomes guests and visitors to the house, provides tours, and explains the house rules, expectations and policies, enforcing these as necessary
- Maintains local area knowledge to serve as a resource for guests
- Accurately and consistently tracks data on various stakeholders including guests, donors, volunteers, community partners, and others
- Provides up-to-date lists, as requested, to the Executive Director and/or members of the Board
- Fulfills data requests for monthly Board meetings as well as the annual corporation meeting
- Fulfills other data-related requests as appropriate
- Oversees 2 volunteers who are responsible for assisting with building maintenance and upkeep; oversees part- time house-keeper
- Coordinates inventory management and seasonal cleaning
- Performs routine walk-throughs during each shift
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the building and grounds and raises any issues in a timely manner
- Assists in the completion of any daily household duties as needed, including laundry
- Manages volunteers to ensure Maynard House remains high functioning
- Helps identify and recruit volunteers for specific roles
- Troubleshoots any potential conflicts or problems as it relates to volunteers; escalates issues to the Executive Director if needed
- Oversees resident managers, including training; serves as back-up for resident managers in emergency situations
- Maintains current knowledge of the history, mission, vision and goals of Maynard House
- Participates in developing, interpreting and implementing policies and procedures
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled and Board meetings as requested
- Participates in special events throughout the year
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience: Three to five years progressively responsible experience in a business setting; experience in the hospitality industry would be a benefit.
Skills/Traits: The Director of Business Operations must:
- Have personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be outgoing, compassionate, and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Possess the ability to make procedural decisions and judgments
- Possess problem solving and conflict management skills
- Be open and comfortable with a variety of lifestyles
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, email, and the internet
Physical Demands: Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb stairs and walk. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
17 South Street, Hanover NH 03755
For candidates not currently in the Upper Valley, we are happy to conduct Skype interviews.