Reporting to the Executive Director, the Resident Manager is responsible for managing the evening, overnight and weekend logistics of Maynard House. As such, the Resident Manager is expected to demonstrate the highest level of integrity, professionalism and competence. The Resident Manager will be able to successfully anticipate needs, exercise exceptional judgment when needed or required.
- Serves as main point of contact for guests in the evening, overnight and on weekends
- Ensures that the safety and support of guests is the first priority
- Communicates to guests the house rules, expectations and policies and enforces as necessary
- Resolves issues pertaining to guests and communicates with the Executive Director when additional support is necessary
- Takes reservation requests, completes guest intake forms, registers guests, assigns guest accommodations, enters information into databases and orients guests to the house
- Maintains local area knowledge to provide guests with pertinent information
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the building and grounds
- Works with Executive Director and other staff to ensure building cleanliness and upkeep
- During weekend/holiday shifts, RM is responsible for daily housekeeping/room turnovers.
- Performs routine walk-throughs during each shift
- Communicates with appropriate staff regarding property issues and necessary repairs
- Communicates with shift volunteers the happenings in the house during their shift, and supports them as necessary
- Provides orientation to volunteers as necessary
- Maintains current knowledge of the history, mission, vision and goals of Maynard House
- Welcomes guest and visitors to the house
- Participates in developing, interpreting and implementing policies and procedures
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled
- Participates in special events at the house throughout the year
Resident Manager Shift
- The Resident Manager is on duty every other week from 7:30 AM Saturday to 7:30 AM the following Saturday.
- Monday-Friday no coverage is expected between 7:30 AM – 5 PM.
- When a volunteer is on evening duty during the week (6:00-9:00 PM) Resident Managers can leave the building during their shift but must be within a 20 minute radius in case of emergency. Opportunity exists for flex coverage time between the two Resident Managers.
- Resident Managers are in charge of the facility and provide coverage on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day. Coverage alternates annually.
High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in human services related areas of study.
Three to five years progressively responsible professional experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in the any of the following:
- health/human services
- property or building management
- volunteer programs or management
The Resident Manager must:
- Have personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be outgoing, compassionate, and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Possess the ability to make procedural decisions and judgments
- Possess problem solving and conflict management skills
- Be open and comfortable with a variety of lifestyles
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb stairs and walk. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
17 South Street, Hanover NH 03755
For candidates not currently in the Upper Valley, we are happy to conduct Skype interviews.